Profile Software has been included in a series of industry reports evaluating international players such as Aite and Celent with most recent being the recent Celent’s Portfolio Systems 2015: A Front to Back Look At Asset Management Systems in the New Age and the upcoming Celent’s 2015 Portfolio Systems Catalogue.
The report presented the key functions of Asset Management firms (including Institutional Asset Managers, Insurance Asset Management divisions, Funds and Hedge Funds) and what is expected in each aspect of their needs (portfolio management decision support, transactions, position keeping, performance & attribution, compliance, reconciliation and reporting) in terms product/system functionality and how important this is for the effective operation of the businesses. The industry is reshaping due to regulatory changes and clients’ expectations and therefore technology tools that can cover those concerns are needed, depending on the set requirements. It also examines the trends in the sector, summarised below:
- Expansion of markets and products with consolidation playing a key role for clients’ needs in terms of collateral and risk calculations
- Reengineer the operational environment resulting from regulatory requirements which leads to outsourcing service solution via SaaS or hosted service type to achieve a cost efficient model
- Investment decision support that lead to risk factor-based frameworks which require true multi-asset tools
- Independent administrators reduce operational risk
- Passive investment becoming more popular which leads to lower fund management cost and automation of processes
- Competition from alternative players; although now this is primarily focused on retail banking, there might be a “disruption” in wealth and asset management domain
Profile Software has enhanced its product functionality to meet the diverse needs of various investment management functions while offering compliance to local and international regulations. The development of new platforms with industry-wide capabilities and alternative deployment options enable the company to stand at a leading position among international players offering flexible solutions for business agility across their operations.